Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Why I Love to Write

The Dish Ran Away With the Spoon...


Look, I'm sure you all know the above words and you probably all know the Nursery Rhyme from which they came but these words help explain why I love to write.


Simply put, when I write, when I put pen to paper in some meaningful fashion my mind runs away with my pen (or my keyboard). I can't explain it any more than a person who loves jogging, bike riding or picking and arranging flowers can explain why they derive joy from what they do.


For some reason, when the time is right and all is well within my 'real' world I find that I can sit and literally write for as long as my fingers will hold out.

Sometimes I will look back upon my efforts and condemn them to the virtual rubbish / trash bin, other times I will gaze upon my literary efforts and think not bad Will, not bad at all...


I can't, and won't, vouch for what others may think of my offerings, but you know what ? I don't really care what others might think. Unless I am writing for a job (i.e. one that pays) I write for me and me alone.

It seems at times that there are words that I just have to get out. Once they are out and possibly being read by others I feel a release. I feel free.
I guess for me writing is a cathartic experience, one that I have to do every so often to put my mind (and fingers) at rest.


Anyway, I feel at rest and ease again, so that's all for now about Why I Love to Write.
thanks
Will

No comments: